All family ceremonies are as unique as your precious bundle of joy. This is just a sample. We can craft your one of a kind ceremony to align with your family configuration, and how you wish to welcome and bless the new gift of life you have been given.
Layout of ceremony
• Opening music - Your choice of music or song
• Introduction - Welcome, words of appreciation for family/friends
• Promises and vows from parents to baby
• Introduction of guide parents / godparents
• Promises and vows from guide parents / godparents
• Vow of support from all gathered
• Enhancement - e.g. hand and footprint ceremony
• Reading 1 - Your choice (we provide sample readings)
• Enhancement - e.g. memory box (soft instrumental piece of music playing)
• Formal naming - The meaning behind baby's name
• Lighting a dedication candle (soft instrumental piece of music playing)
• Reading 2 - Your choice
• Family coloured sand blending
• Closing words
• Closing music
We can have a rose petal and water ceremony at the beginning of the ceremony. Towards the end of the ceremony, the baby's little hands and feet are sprinkled with rose water.
We can read a short story in the ceremony for the children present. At the end of the ceremony we can go outside to release eco balloons, white feathers or butterflies.